Sunday, July 31, 2005

Letting Go of the Glass

I've been thinking about this for a while, but knew as June 30th approached that I was excited with the idea of "moving on." I had worked in public service for over twenty-six and a half years and I have come to realize that you just know (if you are listening) when the time is right. This was one of those times.

Jeannie and Randy worked really hard to give me a sendoff that was done with great style! About 75 of my closest friends dropped by to say goodbye and that same week Olivia was so gracious to take us out to lunch and expose us to Dim Sum. I've been so busy though I have not had the chance yet to try out the new golf clubs but that's on the docket for September. It should be cooler then, and I want to practice my drive first.

My wife once had a quote on her frig that keeps coming back to me as I have been making this transition. Although I can't remember the actual words, the paraphase was that you needed to let go of your grip on one glass to be prepared to reach for the next one. So "What's Next" will build around this idea. Its focus will crystallize as I search for a "voice" for the new Blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home